Caroline Glas has been knitting woolly wrist-warmers over the festive period for refugees. She will be taking them and some other things to the collection point of Re-Act, Refugee Action Scotland, in Edinburgh on Tuesday 26 January for distribution to refugees already in Scotland and those in Calais and Greece.
If you have some of the things listed below that you’d like her to take on your behalf, please bring them to the car-port behind ‘The Cottage’ by Monday 25 January or phone her (880382) if you want them collected from your house (‘The Cottage’ is four doors down / east of Athelstaneford Primary School).
Currently Re-Act are collecting:
- Walking Boots/Shoes – all sizes (please tie together)
- Wind up Torches/Radios
- Tarpauline and Rope
- Unlocked Phones and Chargers
- Complete Tents
- Blankets and Sleeping Bags
- Toiletries – Toothpaste and Brushes
- Soap and Razors
- New Hairbrushes and Combs
- Women’s Sanitary Towels (not tampons)
- First Aid – Bandages and Plasters
- Dressings and Tape
- Paracetamol and Ibuprofen
- Also GOOD QUALITY WARM CLOTHING FOR ALL AGES – including belts and waterproofs
PLEASE NO – Medicine (except above), no men’s trousers or shirts, toys, towels, pots and pans, batteries, gas canisters and camping stoves.
Do think about whether you’d like to attach a note or card to your donation.