Conditions for the Hire of Athelstaneford Village Hall
(Scottish Charity Number SC012709)
Welcome to our Village Hall. Please respect this community facility and use it responsibly. Charges
It is your responsibility to leave the hall clean and tidy after use. Please leave it in as good condition or better than you found it. Please keep the walls clean and do not use glue or sticky tape in decorating them.
If there is a problem please contact either the Property Conveners George Bell on 850235, Harold Vox on 880382, or the Booking Convener Irene Pow on 880500.
- Please make yourself aware of where the Fire Exits are. These must be left unlocked at all times when the Hall is in use. These exits are the Main Entrance Door and the Disabled Access Door.
- A No Smoking Policy is operational in both halls, at all times.
- Use of the Kitchen Facilities. Due to Health & Safety Legislation anyone wishing to use the kitchen to heat up or cook food must have been suitably trained to do so. This is the responsibility of the hirer. The hirer must complete a Customer Record sheet to provide details of the food served. A copy of the CookSafe manual can be obtained from the booking convener.
- Please leave the kitchen clean and tidy, including cooker, sink and refrigerator, with all crockery washed and put away and rubbish bagged and placed in the wheelie bin outside.
- The Hall must be swept and left in a clean and tidy state. All personal property must be removed.
- Chairs and tables and equipment used should be folded/put away after use before you leave. Please do not drag across the floor
- The Hall Committee does not accept liability for lost property and does not provide insurance cover in the event of an accident. Any Club/Organisation using the Hall should ensure that they have adequate insurance cover.
- Children and young people must be supervised by a responsible adult(s) at all times when using the Hall [Secondary age children – 1 Adult to 20 Children; Primary age 1 Adult to10 children]
- The hall holds a Public Entertainment licence and capacity is limited to 100. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that appropriate other licences for the event have been obtained (i.e. bar, music, performance)
- Evening functions must end at midnight, except by prior arrangement. Please show consideration for the local residents and leave quietly.
- Turn off the electricity at the front door when you leave and ensure all windows and doors are closed
Keys must be returned immediately after use.
Thank you. We hope you enjoyed the use of the Hall