Athelstaneford Village Hall was provided for the use of villagers and the community of the parish of Athelstaneford, for their recreation and leisure, for meetings, lectures and classes. The ground on which the village hall stands was given to the community by Sir David Kinloch. The hall was built through subscriptions and donations and it first opened for general use in 1929.
The constitution of the village hall specifies that the ground and buildings should be vested in the trustees, a group which includes the Minister and the Headteacher of the school. The constitution also specifies that the management of the hall should be through a committee made up of the Minister, the Headteacher and twelve other elected adults resident in the parish. Committee members serve for three years, but are eligible for re-election at the Annual General Meeting.
Committee members are consulted about practical issues relating to the smooth running and maintenance of the village hall. Every year, four members of the committee retire to make way for others to join, so if anyone wishes to make a contribution to village life in this way, please do not be backward in coming forward! You will need to be nominated, with a proposer and a seconder.
Next Annual General Meeting: 29 January 2019 @ the Village Hall
- Alan Craig
- Sarah Morgan (Headteacher – ex-officio)
- Minister of the church (ex-officio, currently vacant)
- Sir David Kinloch
- James Logan
- Minister of the church (ex-officio Trustee, currently vacant), Chair
- Sarah Morgan (Headteacher), ex-officio Trustee
- Alastair Miller, Treasurer
- Irene Pow, Hall Bookings
- Chris Brace
- Jane Brand
- Jamie Butterworth
- Russell Calder
- Malcolm Duncan
- Stephanie Duncan
- Rod Mair
- John Reid
- Pat Robinson
- Harald Vox