Effective Date: May 1, 2018
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Athelstaneford Village website: https://athelstaneford.wordpress.com/, and our Facebook page. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by us, except where stated otherwise.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. New copies of the policy are available on request and will be posted on our website.
It contains the following:
- Who we are
- The information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we gather your information
- When will we contact you?
- How long will this data be held?
- Your Access to and Control Over Information
- Protecting your information
- How to block cookies
Who we are
Athelstaneford Village is a local area and the website and Facebook page have been set up to share information about events and activities in and around Athelstaneford.
The information we collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to inform you of events and activities, or to make our Services better.
How we use your information
- We use your information to inform you and to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us.
We will not share your data with third parties except as required to do so legally or for legitimate purposes.
How we gather your information
- if, and when, you subscribe to the website blog,
- when you follow or add a comment to our social media page.
When will we contact you?
- We will only contact you for legitimate reasons.
How long will this data be held?
Information will be held and used for as long you are subscribed to the website or Follow the social media page.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
A full list of information held about you can be obtained on request. If you wish to view, amend, or delete any information about you please contact us via the website or social media page.
- See what data we have about you.
- Change/correct any data we have about you where appropriate.
- Have us delete any data we have about you if appropriate.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Protecting your information
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, such as:
- All data is held in a secure environment with password protection on electronic devices.
- We do not hold any information separately from the website or social media page.
- Data is only shared with service providers who process data on our behalf. We will only use a service provider who also take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a similar level of security.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, the social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
How to block cookies
If you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from this or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.